One of my current interests is Fascism and its relationship to contemporary
politics, economics, media, etc. It's difficult in America to get perspectives
on Fascism in the media and the net has proved to be a rich resource, though
of widely varying quality. I've put these files here for browsing; I don't
necessarily identify with any of the content.
Here are some resources culled from a site
in Isreal, dealing with fascism in general and current fascist movements
Is Fascism ?
- This article is adapted from Chip Berlet's preface to Russ Bellant's
book "Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party," co-published
by South End Press and Political Research Associates.
- A brief history of the Skinhead
- This is an excerpt from the book "Hate Prejudice and Racism"
by Milton Kleg. It was published in 1993 by The State of New York Press,
- Lyndon LaRouche: Fascism Wrapped in an American Flag
- Chip Berlet and Joel Bellman, 1987. A Political Research Associates
Briefing Paper in Three Parts:
One: History of the LaRouche Cult
Two: The Paranoid Style & Fascist Tendencies
Three: How Big a Threat - What We Should Do
Woos Left Over Gulf War Issue
- Recent years have seen an increase of alliances between progressive
groups and the far right, with whom they share a certain amount of "anti-government"
sentiment. With the general lack of information on fascist thought, Chip
Berlet thinks that progressives don't understand who they're getting involved
with. In an effort to address the issue, he outlines current far-right
groups active in the U.S. and attempts to show fascist influence in some
contemporary "left wing" thought.
(press this to return
to the home page).